Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens within easy commute from the M6, this business have recently completed on a number of acquisitions. As they absorb the accounting requirements for new entities, they are set for further growth in the coming 12 to 24 months. A highly successful group of specialist service based businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. This role is new in the business and will support the Finance Lead, adding value across all areas of the business.
Your role as Accounts Assistant:
As Accounts Assistant you shall support the Management Accountants and provide financial maintenance of the accounting requirements across various sites and business units. You shall be responsible for the day to day management of financial processing whilst contribution to the month end process. A rounded and varied role, the Assistant Accountant shall also provide support to the ledgers, credit control and also seek to ensure all processing of the financials are accurate and in line with company policy. Working closely with the Management Accounting department you shall be responsible for the accurate processing of accounts across various sites as well as managing the head office finances.
Main Role Duties:
- Day to day management of customer orders, providing reports to track and monitor client accounts
- Maintenance and production of invoices along with with relevant purchase orders
- Managing day-to-day transactions across purchase and sales ledgers
- Assisting the finance department and senior operations staff members with various tasks, including reconciliations
- Liaison between Operations and Accounts in order to resolve queries.
- Assistance with credit control including the liaison with external customers, responding to client enquires
- Accruals and prepayments reconciliations
- Assisting with completing the year-end analysis and reconciliations
- Cash posting and bank reconciliations;
- Credit control
- Nominal ledger reconciliations
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Any other adhoc accounting duties which fall within your capabilities.
This is a varied role and will ensure you are engaged across all areas of the business. With the ability to develop and thrive in a fast paced environment, this role will be one where no day is the same.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have experience in a fast paced environment, in a similar role. Open to Candidates who are QBE, studying or part/fully qualified, you shall have experience of working as part of a team with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, astute organisation. The business boast a n umber of benefits with on-site parking. You shall also have the scope to develop and progress and be part of a supporting organisation who are seen as a responsible employer of choice across the UK.
This Role Is Being Managed By Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.