Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have once again partnered up with an established business in Preston who pride themselves on their heritage and progressive growth over the last number of decades. They now seek to appoint an Accounts Assistant who they can offer extensive training and the opportunity to progress further with the business.
Your New Role as the Accounts Assistant:
As the new Accounts Assistant, you will report directly into the Accounts Manager. Full training will be provided on all duties, so if you haven't carried out the below duties previously, then comprehensive training will be given. The duties will be as follows:
• Accurate processing of weekly accounting return information in accordance with departmental procedures and deadlines.
• Processing of invoices and accurate checking of statements
• Preparation of stock sheets and the subsequent review of stock count information to ensure the accurate valuation of stock to be used in account production.
• Completion of balance sheet reconciliation’s to enable the production of management accounts and trading accounts
• Production of management account and trading accounts in accordance with departmental procedures and deadlines
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns to facilitate payment within statutory deadlines.
• Preparation of draft Year End accounts and supplementary notes and reconciliation papers for onward submission to the retail members own Accountant.
• Maintenance of an accurate work position through completion of a Status Report.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will either have a finance related qualification or have a background in the finance industry and would like the opportunity to progress your skills and expertise. You will have good organisational skills and the ability to deliver within strict deadlines. You will also have excellent attention to detail, commitment to on-going development, be motivated and have a flexible approach to working hours. In addition, you will have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and have strong system and Excel skills (intermediate level).
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.