Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens within easy commute from the M6, this business have recently completed on a number of acquisitions. As they absorb the accounting requirements for new entities, they are set for further growth in the coming 12 to 24 months. A highly successful group of specialist service based businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. This role is new in the business and will support the Management Accountant, adding value throughout the day to day management of the financial administration.
Your role as Accounts Assistant
As Accounts assistant you shall support the Management Accountant in a rounded, versatile finance role. Providing effective support to the day to day management across all ledgers, you shall be responsible for a variety of tasks in a rewarding and trusted group.
Main Role Duties:
- Sales invoicing and other ad hoc invoicing
- Purchase ledger management
- Creating additional schedules to send to clients with their invoices
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debt of dedicated clients where required
- Responding to client enquires
- Cash posting/allocation across multiple entities
- Bank reconciliations
- Statement reconciliations for the invoice discounting facility
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Liaison between Operations and Accounts in order to resolve queries.
- Following up payments as required
- Assisting with completing the year-end analysis and reconciliations
- Nominal ledger reconciliations
- Analysis of expenses;
- Any other adhoc accounting duties which fall within your capabilities.
An interesting and rounded role which is supported by a finance team this role will play an important part of the continued success across the site and also for group. As part of a leading organisation you will be surrounded by like-minded professionals who have the technical and operational expertise for you to learn and grow in your role.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have experience in a fast paced environment, in a similar role. Open to Candidates who are QBE, studying or part/fully AAT qualified, you shall have experience of working as part of a team with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, astute organisation. The business boast a n umber of benefits with on-site parking. You shall also have the scope to develop and progress and be part of a supporting organisation who are seen as a responsible employer of choice across the UK.
This Role Is Being Managed By Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.