Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with an established business in the Warstock area. They are now looking to broaden their finance function and add an Accounts Assistant to their team. This is the perfect opportunity for an aspiring individual looking for career advancement opportunities.
Your new role as the Accounts Assistant:
As the Accounts Assistant, you will report directly to the Accounts Manager. You will carry out the following duties:-
1. Monitor Accounts' email and distribute/respond accordingly. This should mainly be invoices and queries.
2. Check and Post purchase invoices to system, also dealing with any invoice queries/discrepancies. Such as;
a. Price/rate checks
b. Missing info (if required) such as nominal codes, dept codes, tender tracking codes (for future budgeting allocation on material costs)
3. Liaise with suppliers for POD’s and Statements
4. Petty Cash transactions on Sage and reconcile to petty cash held
5. Prepare payroll spreadsheets, check, and send to external Payroll support
6. Process Agency/Labour only invoices on Construction Manager
7. Check Agency Timesheets sign and return
8. Updating the directors aged creditors with the suppliers chasing, new subcontractor invoices, and disputed items
9. Assist Book Keeper in other tasks such as;
a. Verifying Subcontractors for CIS
b. Supplier Remittances
c. Generate and send cost reports to surveyors
10. Process Sales applications/Payment Notices/Remittances
11. Chase project payments
Experience & Qualifications required to apply:
To be considered, you must be possess at least 2 years experience in a similar role or have either a degree in Finance & Accounting or an AAT qualification. You will have high attention to detail skills, be organised and methodical. In addition, you will be analytical, interpersonal and have a good knowledge of policies, systems, and financial structures of a company. Lastly, you will be able to learn quickly, pick up new systems with appropriate training and have good Excel skills.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham. Aberdeen and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.