Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with a commercially savvy organisation in the Wigan area. Our client seeks to appoint an Accounts Assistant on a permanent, full-time basis who will assist the finance team by carrying out a wide variety of duties. So, if you want to work for a family run business with the opportunity to be trained and mentored, then this might be the right role for you.
Your New Role as the Accounts Assistant:
As the new Accounts Assistant, you will report directly into the Management Accountant. The duties will be as follows:
• Purchase Ledger processing and payment runs.
• Supplier statement reconciliations.
• Expenses compliance checks.
• Bank reconciliations.
• Utilities co-ordination (Purchase Ledger and liaising with utility suppliers and other teams regarding meter information).
• The daily inputting of purchase orders, good receipts and matching supplier invoices, resolving queries as necessary and dealing with internal and external a/p queries.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
• Previous experience working in an account's environment, with experience of bank reconciliations and purchase ledger.
• Previous experience of using Sage 50 would be advantageous.
• Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Outlook.
• To be GCSE educated to Grade C or above or equivalent in English and Maths.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
Full training will be given, so if you haven't carried out every duty listed above, then please still apply and I will call you should you have the experience my client is seeking.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.