Company Details and Job Overview:
A career driven Accounts Assistant is required to join a service based business in Blackpool which has been operating for 20+ years. Initially, the duties in this role will predominantly involve transactional accounting processes such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking. However, there are succession plans in place for this role to develop into a more senior finance role to include management accounting and month end responsibilities.
With a current turnover in the region of £4m, the business is forecasting significant growth as part of their 5 year business plan which will bring further career progression for the successful candidate.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Working hours typically 9am-5pm with a 4pm finish each Friday (flexibility around working hours is available)
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays and Christmas office shut down
• Ongoing support and long-term career advancement opportunities
• Study package (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
Your New Role as Accounts Assistant:
Working in a small, friendly team of 3 finance staff, as Accounts Assistant you will report to an engaging and supportive Finance Manager and responsibilities will include:
• Ownership of all purchase ledger duties ensuring invoices are detailed accurately, processed, allocated and paid within payment terms
• Processing all employee expense claims
• Reviewing and processing credit card payments
• Generating the weekly payment run
• Management of payroll
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Processing quarterly VAT returns
• Liaising with various key internal stakeholders to deliver financial information
Once established in the Accounts Assistant role performing the above duties, the role will develop into a management accounting capacity to support the Finance Manager.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator, comfortable liaising with non-financial stakeholders of various levels. With a forward thinking approach to your work, you will be competent in an accounts payable/accounts receivable remit with the ambition to further develop your skills within a finance function. Knowledge of Xero is advantageous but not essential and you will be familiar with basic Excel functions (training can be provided to enhance Excel skills).
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.