Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with an established market leader in the Ulverston area. This organisation are on a rapid growth trajectory; so now is a great time to join. They are looking to broaden their finance function and add an Accounts Assistant to their team. This is the perfect opportunity for a goal-oriented and aspiring individual looking for career advancement opportunities in the short to medium term.
Your new role as the Accounts Assistant:
As the new Accounts Assistant, you will report directly to the Finance Manager. You will carry out the following duties:-
• Purchase ledger (PL) including data entry, account reconciliations and month end housekeeping including investigation and resolution of unreconciled items
• Managing and resolving any PL related queries with suppliers to resolution
• Ensuring expense claims are accurate and supported by invoices, posting to Sage in a timely manner and reconciling to payments made
• Posting data to Sage via data entry and import templates
• Process all credit card transactions in a timely manner to Sage, ensuring entries are supported by valid invoices and all statements reconciled
• Check financial transactions for accuracy, ensuring transactions are accurately categorised and processed on a timely basis
• Assist with the month-end close, including preparing and processing month-end journals and ensuring all AP month end deadlines are met.
• Assisting with accruals and prepayments preparation as required
• Support the annual external audit process,
• Assist in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of AP systems, procedures, and controls
• Perform other projects and duties as reasonably requested by the Team Leader, Finance Managers or Financial Controller
Experience & Qualifications required to apply:
• Experience of working in an AP role
• Working knowledge of multi-currency transactions
• Knowledge of SAGE or similar accounting software is an advantage
• Min AAT level 3
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (particularly VLOOKUP and pivot table experience)
• Experience of working within a busy accounts team
• A passion for numbers, accuracy, and skills in calculating figures is vital
• Excellent communication & teamwork skills
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and of accountancy rules and legislation
• Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to detect inconsistencies and errors
Salary and Reward on Offer:
This is a diverse role which provides the successful candidate with a great platform to extend their knowledge and further their finance specific expertise. Progressive career opportunities will be available and you will receive valuable support from an engaging and experienced Manager. You will receive a competitive starting salary depending on your experience. Other benefits include:-
Hours of work are 35 hours per week - including an early finish on a Friday!
The position is hybrid, with the expectation that you will spend one or two days in the Ulverston office.
This company is a great place to work and they are proud of their friendly, supportive and dynamic culture which treats everyone with respect and embraces diversity. We have some excellent benefits, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with length of service), Company pension, employee discount, Employee Referral Programme, and a fantastic Employee Assistance Programme, offering wellness benefits to employees and their immediate family.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham. Aberdeen and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.