Company Details and Job Overview:
I have been asked to recruit on behalf of a fast growing and ambitious business in the Blackpool area. The Accounts Assistant will contribute towards the smooth running of the accounts function on a day-to-day basis. The Accounts Assistant is a crucial role within the team, ensuring accurate accounting processes are maintained and managing the ledgers for a clean month end close. This job/company offer hybrid working.
Your New Role as the Account Assistant:
• Responsible for the month end closure and associated reconciliations across all the ledgers
• Manage and process all sales ledger processes
• Manage and process all purchase ledger transactions, including the full payment run, supplier statement reconciliations
• Work closely with wider business to report expenditure on company expenses
• Management of the credit control processes, setting up new customers, liaising with the sales team and monitoring all credit limits and payments
• Manage daily cash collections reconciliations
• Bank reconciliations
• Monthly accounting journals
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of HMRC, ONS and other ad hoc filings
• Short term and Long term Cash Flow reviews
• Maintenance and improvement of the companies accounting platform
• Assistance with the Accounts Payable function
• Preparation and review of supplier payments and associated PO approval process
• Support the wider finance team in completing Internal and External audits.
• Actively look to suggest and participate in the Implementation of new processes and controls to ensure the enhancement of the accounting control environment
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
• Have a proven track record in a similar role or be able to demonstrate the ability and desire to progress into the role from their current position as an Accounts Assistant.
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Strong communicator, positive can-do attitude, desire to achieve.
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and well in a team.
• Positive attitude towards continuous improvement.
• Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you will be expected to be proactive, follow up on issues, resolve issues quickly and effectively.
• Strong experience of month end reporting around the nominal and being able to improve the current transactional process
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.