Company Details and Job Overview:
Kenton Black Finance are recruiting on behalf of an established and growing business in the East Lancs area, who pride themselves on the positive impact they make to thousands of lives every day. They now seek to appoint a Temporary Accounts Assistant to carry out a 3 month contract. However, if you are immediately available, my Client will also consider you for a permanent position.
Your New Role as the Accounts Assistant:
As the Accounts Assistant you will report to the Finance Manager, carrying out the following duties:-
- Responsible for reconciling key balance sheet control accounts, this includes the Group bank accounts
- Supporting the effective cash management and intercompany processes by preparing payment files and arranging internal cash transfers across the Group
- Managing cash book postings through the finance system and preparing journals for the Corporate Finance team to support the finance month end processes
- Ensuring the Group has access to petty cash supporting the day to day activities within the Group
- Preparing bank reconciliations across the Group
- Liaising with internal customers to ensure debit cards are working effectively and sufficient balances
- Updating the daily cashflow and supporting the cashflow review
- Supporting the preparation of working papers for the year end audit working with the Financial Accountant
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this position, you will have a minimum of 2 years recent experience in a similar role. You will have experience of working to deadlines with minimum supervision, whilst also being able to organise and prioritise your workload. In addition, you will be able to use IT in a financial environment, in particular, Word and Powerpoint, and have the ability to use and develop Excel spreadsheets. You will also have good communication and team working skills and possess good attention to detail.
Salary and Reward on offer:
You will be paid a competitive salary and given the opportunity to work alongside a knowledgeable team of finance professionals. The temporary role offers hybrid and flexible working. Should you be offered a permanent role, my client offer progressive career opportunities and invaluable support from an engaging and experienced Manager. Benefits include 28 days annual leave entitlement PLUS bank holidays, hybrid working (2 days from home), flexible start and finish working hours and a Healthcare Plan.
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly at Kenton Black Finance. Please apply for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.