Company Details and Job Overview:
A high performing public sector organisation on the Fylde Coast have partnered with Kenton Black Finance to appoint a new Accounts Payable Clerk. They are seeking an individual who is eager and willing to learn as it is expected the role will develop into a more rounded finance role which will include other accounting duties.
As an employer of choice in the local area, employees at all levels form part of an inclusive and friendly working environment where staff are valued and rewarded.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
A market leading benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate which will include:
• Competitive starting salary which increases periodically
• 30 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Flexibility and hybrid working arrangements
• Local Government Pension Scheme – 17.9%
• Subsidised Starbucks and catering on site
• Free parking on site
• Ongoing support and training and professional development opportunities
• Study packages
• Extensive wellbeing provision
• Healthcare benefits including eye tests
• Discounted childcare provision
Your New Role as Accounts Payable Clerk:
This role will initially start In Accounts Payable, in the future there will be further duties which will include Accounts Receivable and Credit Control. You must be able to adapt as the sector and business changes in order to ensure suitable financial controls are maintained.
• Accurate, on-time delivery of payments or timely collection of debts
• Ensure purchase or sales invoices are actively recorded in the finance system
• Resolve invoices/payments disputes
• Deal with supplier/customer queries
• Timely allocation and processing of all BACS payments
• Maintain accurate records
• Prepare and enter period end journals
• Review and improve existing processes on an ongoing basis
• Compliance with all financial regulations and procedures
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable and ideally will be actively studying or have obtained full AAT qualification (study support will be available if required).
Familiarity with the software Oracle would be advantageous, however full training can be offered. As the new Accounts Payable Clerk you must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
As the new Accounts Payable Clerk you will be paid a competitive salary and given the opportunity to work alongside a knowledgeable and supportive team of finance professionals, with opportunities for more exposure of other finance functions in the future.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is being handled by Emma Noble – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.