Company Details and Job Overview:
I have been asked to recruit on behalf of a well-established industrial services business based in the Kendal area. This organisation have been operating for almost 50 years and are recruiting for a full-time Purchase Ledger Senior, on a 12 month contract. As the company has an Accounts Payable team of 12 staff, there is always that chance a permanent job could become available, as well as the potential of other finance related jobs. The role of Purchase Ledger Senior will sit within a busy finance department reporting to the Purchase Ledger Manager. Hybrid working will be available after the 6 month probationary period.
Your New Role as the Purchase Ledger Senior:
• Oversee the accuracy and completeness of information on Solomon of bank transactions via direct debit, standing orders and same day payments.
• Processing of specific AP transactions as agreed by Accounts Payable Manager.
• Day-to-day contact for Barclaycard users and petty cash requirements of the company.
• Produce accurate monthly reports to allow closing of the Accounts Payable Ledger.
• Close working relationship with the financial controllers and accounting teams.
• Support Manager/team with daily activities and provide absence cover.
• Processing/coding vendor invoices accurately.
• Process of outside vendor payments for purchases, rents, rates etc.
• Responsible for processing specific monthly invoices paid by direct debit.
• Technician Expenses – Weekly and Foreign
• Dealing with internal and external customer queries.
• Ensure costs are correctly coded to appropriate general ledger account code
• Preparation of weekly payment runs.
• Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
• Scanning and filing all purchase ledger and expenses documents.
• Ensure best practice is carried out in accordance with company guidelines and SOX.
• Other ad hoc duties.
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
• Good computer skills with knowledge of Excel and other spreadsheets.
• Ability to learn Solomon
• Ability to accurately process data entry in an efficient manner.
• Ability to communicate to employees and vendors regarding invoices and expenses.
• Ability to use initiative and prioritising tasks, delegating tasks where required.
• Detail oriented with excellent organisation skills.
• Ability to confront vendors and employees in a diplomatic manner when questioning charges and expenses.
• Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
Benefits on Offer:
• On-site parking
• 4% employer pension contribution
• 25 days annual leave + 8 days bank holidays
• Hybrid working available after the 6 month probationary period
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.