Do you want to play an important role in plant health and biosecurity and help protect our farming and natural environment?
My client is a leading organisation that delivers science for the public good and tackles risks, including plant pests, diseases and chemicals that threaten our food security and natural environment.
We are interested in speaking to Agronomists / Field Trials Technicians to join the business, you will be working as a member of the team responsible for setting up and undertaking field and plot experiments as part of the R&D agricultural programs.
We have multiple opportunities across several sites throughout England.
This is a great opportunity for graduates with a background in Agronomy to enter the industry.
• Manage implement and plan agricultural trials following Good Experimentation Practices (GEP), according to protocols/study plans and procedures.
• Determine the location of the trials according to the protocol or the study plan, the conditions.
• Set up, mark out and maintain sites.
• Responsible for implementation and management of fungicide, insecticide, and herbicide field trials.
• Application of treatments according to the application agenda, the type of application, conditions, and precautions of use.
• Sampling according to the instructions (time limits, intervals, crop stage, quantities, soil, and water samples).
• Assist the harvest team during the harvest period and collection of relevant samples.
• Agricultural based degree or equivalent agricultural qualification.
• Experience of working in field crop trials that includes pesticide application and crop assessment would be beneficial, but full training will be provided where necessary.
• PA1, PA2, PA6 preferable.
• BASIS and FACTS qualifications would be an advantage but not essential.
• Willingness and motivated to learn, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, enthusiasm, and passion for the arable industry.