Job title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: South of Derby
Salary: up to 25K
One of our key CDMO clients in the Derby area are looking to bring in some high-quality senior lab analysts to assist with the growing workload, as the site acquires more projects and looks to expand for the remainder of the year. You''ll be at the forefront of maintaining high-quality standards by performing analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
• Conducting analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products in accordance with the testing plan.
• Communicating any inability to meet the testing plan and ensuring appropriate reporting.
• Contributing to the trending of results, investigating and reporting any Out of Specification (OOS) and Out of Trend (OOT) results.
• Generating reports, including stability reports, within agreed timelines.
• Assisting in the calibration, validation, and monitoring of laboratory equipment.
• Collaborating with other laboratory members to solve problems related to methods and testing.
• Participating in the transfer of test methods to/from the analytical laboratory to customers or third parties.
• Cultivating a culture of continuous improvement through root cause analysis and risk management tools.
• Adhering to Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice, and relevant guidelines and legal obligations.
Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor''s degree in a related scientific field (e.g., Chemistry, Biochemistry).
• Familiarity with industry regulations and standards.
• Strong teamwork and communication aptitude.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Basic knowledge in root cause analysis and risk management.
• Timely management of workload to meet targets.
Keywords: Lab analyst, Compliant operations, Analytical testing, Raw materials, Intermediates, Finished products, Out of Specification (OOS), Out of Trend (OOT), Result trending, Stability reports, Investigations, Equipment calibration, Equipment validation, Method development, Method validation, Root cause analysis, Risk management tools, Data analysis, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Deviations, Quality control, Problem-solving, Continual improvement, Process enhancement, Compliance, Culture of improvement