Analytical Specialist (AH046)
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£28K - £45K Basic (dependent upon experience) + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Benefits
We are currently partnering with an incredibly successful environmental testing company who pride themselves on providing outstanding customer service. Part of a huge group, they are a global business who operate in many countries and, as such, are incredibly well respected in their sector.
A multi-million pound turnover business with multiple laboratories across the UK, they are now looking to recruit an Analytical Specialist into their Technical team to be a subject matter expert for chromatography instrumentation – namely GC-MS(/MS), GC-FID and/or HPLC.
As an Analytical Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Maintaining a multitude of instrumentation in the lab including GC-MS(/MS), GC-FID and HPLC
• Advanced preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
• Training and developing Analysts in analysis and equipment troubleshooting
• Developing analytical methods from scratch for new sample types
• Method troubleshooting and optimisation for existing methods
• Method validation to UKAS guidelines
• Troubleshooting of chromatograms (split peaks, missing peaks, ghost peaks etc)
• Providing technical expertise to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry or a closely related subject, with proven significant industrial experience with GC, GC-FID, GC-MS(/MS) or HPLC.
You will need to have experience in method development, optimisation and validation; with prior experience training Analysts being a bonus.
You must be organised to manage multiple projects, with the desire and motivation to develop the careers of those working in your team.
Keywords: GC, Gas Chromatography, GC-MS, GC-MS/MS, GC-FID, HPLC, Liquid Chromatography, UKAS, ISO17025, ISO9001, Method Development, Method Optimisation, Method Troubleshooting, Method Validation, Instrument Troubleshooting, Instrument Maintenance, Senior Analyst, QC, Quality Control, Chemist, QC Analyst, Quality Control Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, QC Chemist, Quality Control Chemist, Analytical Chemist, QC Analyst, Lab Analyst, Laboratory Analyst, Analytical Chemist, Analytical Testing, Environmental Testing, Environmental Services, Organic Chemistry, Organic Testing, Soils, Waters, Chemistry.