I’m working with a leading, reputable infrastructure and civil engineering contractor working across HS2, looking for an Appointed Person. You will have had exposure to infrastructure projects and civil engineering with demonstrable experience in managing lifting operations on large-scale, multi-phase construction developments.
The division is primarily focused on the delivery of multi-disciplined civil engineering projects across a number of UK Major Projects including HS2. They work as both a Tier 1 and / or Tier 2 Contractor on project values of anything between £5m and £150m packages, building strategic relationships, partnerships, joint ventures with various clients including primarily Tier 1 Contractors to support in delivering their services to Major national infrastructure projects.
They will be responsible for the safe planning, preparation, management and execution of Lifting Operations, selected responsibilities below:
• Ensuring a suitable and sufficient risk assessment is carried out and documented to evaluate the hazards associated with the lifting operation and identify controls measures
• Reviewing the suitability of risk assessments and Lift Plans on an ongoing basis.
• Ensuring that a Lift Plan and Safe System of Work are produced to cover the lifting operation(s) being undertaken.
• Effectively communicating Lifting Plans and any subsequent changes to all members of the lifting team.
• Ensure that accurate weights, radii, heights, COG, etc are established.
• Ensuring that competent, trained personnel are provided for the lifting operation and are fully briefed.
• Establish that all cranes, lifting equipment and accessories are properly stored, maintained, inspected, examined and tested as necessary.
• Developing and briefing weekly Toolbox Talks covering relevant lifting topics on site.
• Establish that in their absence, authority is delegated to another competent person. (The Appointed Person can delegate their duties to another competent person but not their responsibilities).
• Manage the daily activities on site producing safe lifting operations, including managing site lifting personnel and site support.
• Maintain detailed site logs and records of all project lifting activities.
• Ensuring there is an effective procedure for reporting defects and incidents and taking the necessary actions.
This is an integral position within a dynamic construction delivery team and you will be a driven character who looks to drive excellence within lifting operations. You will also have:
• CPCS Appointed Persons Blue Card (Competent Operator)
• Experience of writing and implementing lift plans
• Experience of establishing, creating and implementing processes in order to enhance personnel management.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a reputable contractor and a dynamic HSEQ team. They offer a very competitive salary of between £40-50,000 (based on qualifications and experience) with excellent packages attached and the role represents an excellent chance to advance your career with a leading contractor.