Company Details and Job Overview:
Based in Leyland, this organisation are one of the UKs leading charities. Founded over a decade ago, this business are now seeking to employ a part-time Assistant Accountant to assist the Director of Finance in ensuring that the organisation’s financial systems and processes are fit for purpose, documented and applied, that creditor and debtor terms are effectively implemented and that financial processing complies with statutory and charitable regulations.
Your New Role as the Assistant Accountant:
As the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for the following duties:-
1. To assist with timely and accurate preparation of the monthly management accounting information including accruals, prepayments and journals, working to a fixed timeline.
2. To ensure that income is received in a timely manner and that prompt action is taken on all outstanding debts.
3. To ensure Direct Debit processing and upload to the Bank is completed in line with the agreed charging policy and follow up on rejected direct debits.
4. To complete all bank account reconciliations on a weekly basis.
5. To reconcile and post entries relating to e-commerce transactions and company pre-paid cards.
6. To assist in the production of monthly cash flow forecasts and their review against actual performance on a monthly basis.
7. To complete the reconciliation of nominal accounts and balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis, identifying balances which require action to clear and raising queries with the relevant officers.
8. To assist in supporting managers across the organisation in their understanding and interpretation of the monthly management information packs.
9. To assist Director of Finance with yearly budget preparation.
10. To assist in undertaking systems audits, to test that robust financial processes and procedures are in place, reporting audit findings and implementing approved actions.
11. To assist Director of Finance with year-end audit analysis.
12. To support the review, implementation and enhanced use of finance systems to best meet the needs of the charity.
13. To monitor banks accounts ensuring sufficient funds are available in the correct accounts for the operation of the business.
14. To assist and cover for the Director of Finance when required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
1. This role requires a basic disclosure and barring service check.
2. Demonstrated understanding and application of accounting principles.
3. Demonstrated experience of producing monthly management accounts, balance sheet and banking reconciliation and cash flow.
4. Experience in the effective operation of a purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger and debt recovery.
5. Experience of working with Excel essential and Xero desirable.
6. An ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear format to managers with a nonfinancial background.
7. To demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
8. To demonstrate professionalism, whilst having a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
This vacancy is being handled by Carl Angilly – Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.