Company Details and Job Overview:
A growing SME on the outskirts of Blackpool require an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team on a permanent basis. This is an ideal opportunity for a CIMA or ACCA studier seeking a hands on role where study theoretic is put into practice, receiving ongoing support and guidance from the Financial Controller as the dedicated mentor.
Key Benefits/Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary which will be reviewed periodically
• Company pension – 5% employer contribution
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays + 1 extra day of leave for your birthday
• Flexible working arrangements including hybrid working once established in the role
• An array of wellbeing and healthcare benefits
Your new role as Assistant Accountant:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, as Assistant Accountant your duties will include:
• Assist in the preparation of the management accounts pack
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Quarterly VAT returns
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Support with budgeting and forecasting
• Project support including process improvements
• Supporting the Accounts Assistant with accounts payable and accounts receivable duties when required
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be competent in all transactional accounting processes with exposure to management accounts and be committed to building on these skills. Strong Excel skills are required and knowledge of Sage is advantageous. Strong communication skills are essential as you will be required to work cross-functionally throughout the business being a key representative of the finance team.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.