Company Details and Job Overview:
A highly acquisitive and fast-growth group of businesses are looking to increase resource within their finance team by appointing a new Assistant Accountant. This newly created role offers a high degree of exposure to month end and management accounting processes, receiving guidance from a supportive Financial Controller.
Following impressive results, further growth is forecasted through entering new markets; launching new products and services; acquisition activity; and organic growth. As the business continues to expand, career opportunities will become available for the successful candidate.
Offices are located in Blackpool and Preston (close to motorway junctions), this role can be based in either offices and hybrid working arrangements are available.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
A generous benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate which includes:
• A competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Study package if required (AAT, CIMA, ACCA)
• Bonus scheme of up to 20%
• 37.5 hour full time working week with flexibility around working hours
• Hybrid working
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Career development opportunities and ongoing support
Your New Role as Assistant Accountant:
Working in a fast-paced environment, as Assistant Accountant the main focus of the role will involve managing the ledgers, reconciliations, investigating variances, controls and processes. Specific duties will include:
• Supporting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Managing and processing all sales ledger processes and purchase ledger transactions
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Bank reconciliations
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Managing the credit control process
• Short term and long term cash flow reviews
• Providing support in completing internal and external audits
• Proactively looking to suggest improved working methods, being a key player in the implementation of new processes and controls
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered, you will have good grounding experience of transactional accounting functions, with exposure to the month end accounting process. An inquisitive and analytical mindset is required and you will be a forward thinker with the ability to identify improved ways of working within a finance department.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.