Assistant Design Manager – Construction
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Design Manager to join a market leading internal walling sub-contractor. Working on a wide range of projects within residential, industrial, healthcare and more, you will be working with a number of external and internal stakeholders including clients, designers, main- contractors, sub-contractors and pre-construction teams to ensure the design of projects is managed from conception through to completion.
Knowledge and experience of the SFS and dry wall design and detailing will be a great advantage.
The roll would also suit an applicant who has gained or in the process of gaining a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) within in Construction or design. The role will offer the individual fantastic career progression opportunities and give you all the tools to kick start your career. The role will see you managing the full design process including commercial, contractual and program aspects. The company are a large international and well-respected group who have a reputation of developing their team members and have good staff retention. As the company has gone through a steady growth plan over the past 3 years with more and more contracts being won have meant the time is right to grow the Pre-con and Design Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring good relationships with external and framework clients.
• Managing the design process using your commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
• Attending design team meeting with architects, main contractors, and subcontractors.
• Supporting and advising the client as to the requirements of their obligations in the development of a building design.
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice.
• Assist in problem solving and developing solutions and interfaces with other products.
• Providing and developing site specific details as the project requires.
• Monitoring and controlling design fees.
• AutoCAD, BIM and 3d Render experience desirable
• HNC/HND in Construction
• Knowledge of internal walling, SFS, dry walls, drylining is desirable
• Competitive Salary
• Company Car/Allowance
• Competitive Pension
• & More