Company Details and Job Overview:
A leading manufacturing PLC on the Fylde Coast have partnered with Kenton Black Finance to recruit an Assistant Group Accountant. This is a 15 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, you will receive a comprehensive handover and induction with ongoing support from the Group Financial Controller. A permanent role could become available for the right candidate.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
A competitive rate of pay will be offered to the successful candidate, you will also benefit from a market leading company benefits package which includes:
• Flexible working to suit each individual
• Hybrid working (2 days in the office, 3 days remote)
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Company pension matched up to 5%
• Ongoing training and support to enable skills and career development
Your New Role as Assistant Group Accountant:
Reporting to an engaging Group Financial Controller, some specific duties within the Assistant Group Accountant role will include:
• Supporting with month end accounting processes
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Posting journals
• VAT and intrastat returns
• Providing input to production of board packs
• Management of fixed assets
• Assisting with year end and audit requirements
• Supporting with budgeting and forecasting activities
• Supporting with Group consolidation
• Providing various ad hoc reports and analysis
• Identifying areas for process improvements
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will have relevant exposure to month end accounting processes and ideally hold part qualification of CIMA/ACCA/ACA or be AAT qualified. Good interpersonal and communication skills are imperative as you will be required to deliver financial information to a variety of stakeholders including non-finance staff. Strong IT skills are also required, including good Excel ability and knowledge of ERP systems is beneficial.
To summarise, this is a well-rounded accounting position within a complex and interesting PLC business structure, which will add excellent value to your CV. Initially a 15 month fixed term contract, there is potential of a permanent role for the successful candidate after this time.
The business offers a high level of flexibility including hybrid working and flexi-time arrangements.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.