Company Details and Job Overview:
An Assistant Management Accountant is required to join the finance function of a large, successful business in Carlisle. This is a newly created position due to growth and a recent department restructure, which offers excellent business visibility within a complex and interesting business structure.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will work alongside a highly experienced Senior Management Accountant, who will be a dedicated mentor to enable skills development and career progression. The company offers the following employee benefits:
• A competitive starting salary which will be reviewed as your skills and responsibilities grow
• A comprehensive study package (AAT/CIMA/ACCA)
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Flexibility around working hours
• Hybrid working arrangement (up to 2 days working remotely)
Your New Role as Assistant Management Accountant:
With sufficient levels of training and guidance, you will enjoy a hands on and varied Assistant Management Accountant position, covering the following duties:
• Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts including analysis and commentary
• Support in the production of financial forecasts and budgets
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Contribute to continual improvement initiatives relating to system/process enhancements and ensuring robust controls within finance
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required by senior management to help effective decision making
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will ideally be knowledgeable in transactional accounting processes with experience of management accounts production and the month end routine. Full AAT or part CIMA/ACCA qualification is desirable (study support will be offered if required) and strong systems skills are essential including good Excel ability (pivot tables/VLookups), with exposure to a bespoke or mainstream ERP system. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally within a business to provide financial information to non-finance staff.
To summarise, this all-encompassing Assistant Management Accountant position offers a broad range of duties and the opportunity to further develop your career within finance. Working in a fast-paced environment, each day will offer something different alongside routine finance responsibilities.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.