Company details and job overview:
Based on the outskirts of St. Helens within easy commute from the M6, this business have recently completed on a number of acquisitions. As they absorb the accounting requirements for new entities, they are set for further growth in the coming 12 to 24 months. A highly successful group of specialist service based businesses they are one of the UK’s most vibrant and dynamic organisations. This role is new in the business and will support the Finance Lead, adding value across month-end and the day to day management of the finance process.
Your role as Assistant Management Accountant
As Assistant Management Accountant you shall support the senior Management Accountant and Head of Finance in a rounded, versatile finance role. Providing effective month end duties, as well as being tasked with ad hoc projects, you shall be responsible for a variety of tasks in a rewarding and trusted group.
Main Role Duties:
· Contribution to monthly management accounts ensuring accuracy is maintained in line with the monthly deadlines
· Preparation of month end journals
· Balance sheet reconciliation across the group
· Ledger management across various entities, supported by a dedicated purchase and sales ledger team
· Communicating with group to form a solid working relationship with the transactional team at Group
· Assist with budget and forecasting processes, providing analysis as required
· Accurate completion of financial transactions to ensure a clear audit trail
· Preparation of financial analysis to monitor KPI’s set across the business
· Assist the year-end audit process, answering queries on ledger postings and financial transactions where required.
An interesting and rounded role which is supported by a talented finance lead this role will play an important part of the continued success across the site and also for group. As part of a leading organisation you will be surrounded by like-minded professionals who have the technical and operational expertise for you to learn and grow in your role.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have experience in a fast paced environment, in a similar role. Open to Candidates who are QBE, studying or part/fully qualified, you shall have experience of working as part of a team with the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse and exciting proposition to someone wanting to add value and be part of a growing, astute organisation. The business boast a n umber of benefits with on-site parking. You shall also have the scope to develop and progress and be part of a supporting organisation who are seen as a responsible employer of choice across the UK.
This Role Is Being Managed By Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.