Company Details and Job Overview:
A newly created Assistant Management Accountant position has become available within a privately owned SME in the creative space. Firmly established for 25+ years, their current turnover is at approximately £10m and see this increasing significantly as they continue to grow rapidly.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accounts professional with good grounding knowledge of transactional accounting processes looking to step into a management accounting role with month end involvement.
This is an office based role, located on the outskirts of Preston towards Blackpool.
Key Benefits/Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive rate of pay depending on experience
• Flexibility on working hours
• Generous annual leave entitlement rising with length of service and an additional day holiday each year for your birthday
• Cycle to work scheme
• Medicash healthcare scheme
• Salary sacrifice scheme
• Support to partake in charitable events
Your New Role as Assistant Management Accountant:
This Assistant Management Accountant role will play a key part in driving ongoing growth and success within the business. Working in a small finance team, you will report to the Head of Finance who will act as a mentor to facilitate skills development. Specific duties will include:
• Support in the preparation of monthly management accounts
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Control of creditors and debtors, collection, payment and reporting
• Bank statement reconciliations
• Management of cash flow
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Involvement in various ad hoc projects including a new system implementation, enhancing existing processes/procedures and growth initiatives
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will already have exposure to management accounting processes and be keen to develop in this area. Strong systems skills are required including MS Excel and knowledge of Xero or Sage 50 is advantageous. Strong communication skills are also required as you will be able to work cross-functionally at times, delivering financial insight to various key stakeholders within the business.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.