Company Details and Job Overview:
An award winning business in Lancaster have partnered with Kenton Black exclusively as they look to strengthen their finance function by appointing a new Assistant Management Accountant. This is a newly created role, due to growth, which has been designed to support their CIMA qualified Finance Manager with the day to day running of the finance function.
This opportunity suits a career driven CIMA/ACCA studier, or somebody who is AAT qualified looking to further progress within finance, as this role is expected to develop into a more senior position once established in the role.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary depending on experience
• Ongoing support and training with periodic reviews
• Comprehensive CIMA or ACCA study package
• 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• Company pension
• Hybrid working after probation period
• Private healthcare
Your New Role as Assistant Management Accountant:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this Assistant Management Accountant role offers excellent variation with responsibilities including:
• Supporting the Finance Manager in the production of monthly management accounts
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation and review of quarterly VAT returns
• Supporting the Accounts Assistant with sales and purchase ledger duties as required
• Exposure to year end statutory accounting processes
• Assisting with ongoing process and systems developments
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The ideal candidate will be actively studying CIMA or ACCA (study support will be provided), committed to achieving full qualification. Good grounding knowledge of transactional accounting principles is required, with exposure to management accounting duties. Good Excel ability is also required including knowledge of pivot tables and Vlookups and experience of using Sage 50 is desirable but not essential. Strong communication skills are key as you will be required to work cross-functionally and communicate with various Heads of Department/budget holders to deliver and advise on key financial information.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.