Company Details and Job Overview:
A privately owned business operating for 150+ years is looking to strengthen their finance function by appointing a new Assistant Accountant. This well-known business is firmly rooted as a market leader and a brand of choice for their products.
This is a varied role which offers opportunity to develop into a no.2 finance position to support the Head of Finance.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
• Competitive starting salary depending on experience
• 35 hour full time working week with flexibility on hours (typically 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm)
• 24 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Catering facilities and free tea/coffee
• Free parking on site
• Hybrid working can be discussed
Your New Role as Assistant Accountant:
Reporting to the Head of Finance, as Assistant Accountant you will work in a friendly finance team and duties will include:
• Assist with all month end procedures
• Variance analysis
• Bank reconciliations
• Posting accruals, prepayments and journals
• Monitoring budget vs actual spend
• Analyse expenditure and look at reducing costs
• VAT submissions
• Helping to maintain the sales, purchase and general ledgers
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will already have exposure to the above activities and be keen to develop their skills further within finance. Strong Excel skills are required and exposure to the Oracle system is advantageous. You will be a good communicator with the ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment.
Please submit your CV without delay, my client is looking to interview imminently.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.