Company details and job overview:
Kenton Black Finance have partnered with a local employer of choice based in the Chorley area. Offering flexible and hybrid working, enhanced holidays and healthcare to all employees, they are seeking an Assistant Management Accountant on a fixed term contract for 12-18 months. With a client based spanning the UK they are an established organisation who have seen growth throughout many years of successful trading. Working in a small team of 7, reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will take ownership of the day to day activities across finance and add value to the month end routine.
Enhanced Benefits include:
Flexible working, hybrid home working, a competitive holiday package and free parking.
Your new role as Assistant Management Accountant:
As Assistant Management Accountant you shall work closely with the Management Accountant whilst reporting directly to the Head of Finance. Covering a period of maternity leave for a minimum of 12 months, more likely 18 months, you will be supported with an effective and thorough handover and provided with the knowledge and training to hit the ground running throughout this period.
With a focus on the day to day activity across ledgers, the role will also support the month and year end process as well as ad hoc project work to support the wider group.
Main Role Duties:
• To assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and KPIs for submission to the Head of Finance on a timely basis for monthly Board and Management Committees
• To prepare Balance Sheet reconciliations, Accruals and Prepayments and provision of detail adding value to the budget and forecasting process
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
• To reconcile the Purchase Ledger and Cash Book to the Nominal Ledger
• Assist in the reporting of performance variances to the Management Accountant on a monthly basis
• End to end management of the Purchase Ledger including coding, reconciliation and making relevant payments
• Bank reconciliation and cash reporting across multi-site entities
• To reconcile petty cash, credit card spend and cheques on a monthly basis and ensure petty cash is securely stored
• Update the payroll records for submission to the payroll bureau on a timely basis
• To provide support where necessary to the Management Accountant
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall be part CIMA /ACCA/ ACA qualified with strong technical skills and a proven track record of adding value in an assistant management accounting position. You shall hold the knowledge and have the experience of managing a varied workload, and have strong purchase ledger knowledge as well as being able to add value to the month end process. Able to manage you own workload you shall be well rehearsed in a similar rounded role and be able to utilise excel effectively.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a diverse role which provides the opportunity to build and develop your experience in a supportive environment. The business are offering flexibility around your working day and also the ability to operate 3 days from home. As an interim contract you will also benefit from an effective handover and be provided with all the tools to be effective in your role.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman – Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.