Birmingham / West Midlands
£30,000 - £40,000 + Car Allowance (DOE)
About the company
An exciting opportunity for a Assistant Planner to join an established Tier 1 Main Contractor who enjoy a turnover of c£200 million with £75 million of that coming out of their Midlands region. Our client operates extensively in the following sectors: Education, Ministry of Defence, Retail, Commercial, Industrial and Healthcare. The company prides themselves on their high-quality of service, providing the same focused approach on every project and making sure everyone comes away happy.
The ideal candidate will be an Assistant Planner who will provide a timely, effective total planning service through pre-construction and delivery support, working on site/s and/or the regional office. Working closely with internal and external teams and stakeholders and in doing so, you will aid and input into planning and programming related matters.
Information on the role
• Provide assistance and input into the delivery of a total planning service for preconstruction and live projects within a specific business unit or allocated to live project(s) to work at site or office location.
• Ensure company best practice, governance and protocols are adhered to.
• Participates and demonstrates development in planning and programme-related meetings and forums for planning staff within the specific business.
• Provide input to maintain business units planning database and ensure its validated and contemporaneous.
• Understand importance of challenge and review processes to enhance planning best practice that can aide and improve performance and consistency across the business unit and wider planning community.
• Aid and support in outputs to all levels of management that both planning and programme related risk is controlled, adopting a proactive approach to contributing to highlighting and resolving issues and participation in ongoing review, control and continuous improvement whilst seeking assistance as necessary to develop learning and understanding.
What we’d like from you
• Worked as an assistant planner or relevant construction management experience on arrival.
• Can assist and provide input into a total planning service in line with the ISG core planning capability and skills matrix.
• Has a sound and developing understanding of construction technology, knowledge, and
• Understanding of the pre-construction and construction process and requisite contractual mechanisms
• Developing knowledge and understanding of the whole project process from inception through RIBA/CIBSE design stages, specialist/subcontractor detail design/production, procurement, shop drawings, approvals/samples/mock-up, fabrication/lead-in, delivery/logistics/methodologies, construction, fit out, FF&E and client migration.
What’s in it for you.
• Competitive salary £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE)
• Car Allowance up to £6,000
• Company pension
• 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Progression & Growth
• Potential for Hybrid work
If you’re interested in the role or have any further questions, please contact Brandon at Kenton Black in the Birmingham office.