Great opportunity for a budding QS to develop and hone skills with a forward thinking Developer. Based in Essex, the role will require occasional travel to Oxford to oversee a £60 million Science Park development.
Your duties as an Assistant QS will be to work with the commercial team and manage the resources of assigned projects to maximise forecast gross margin, through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts and to assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks through the implementation of the company's policies for risk management.
You will be given the opportunity to learn the practical skills of Quantity Surveying through working closely with the main works team to deliver high quality projects.
In this role, you will be working on and covering a range of projects and supporting the team in the successful financial closure of these projects. The role is predominantly head office (Essex) based and as part of your role you will undertake the following;
• Cost control of financial contracts
• To help manage & control the procurement of subcontractors
• Commercially assist & advise the negotiation and settlement of sub-contractor accounts.
• Subcontractor enquiries
• General training in surveying
• General training in different areas of construction: Estimating, Buying & Site management
• Health & Safety Training.
All levels considered, however the below is preferred:
• Experience in Industrial construction
• Experience with main contractors / tier 1 contractors
• Very efficient on Microsoft systems
• Currently studying towards a construction related degree/HND or completed
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Driven & self motivated