Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Construction
Looking to join an award-winning construction company who pride themselves on being forward thinking? Want to be treated like an adult in a rewarding dynamic? Then keep reading…
We are working with one of the hottest names in the industry at the moment who are looking to grow their established Quantity Surveying team in Manchester due to a large number of new contracts won. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work directly under a Senior Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager. This role will see you preparing cost plans, measuring, placing orders and dealing with purchase orders. You will also be given the opportunity to learn and develop your career taking the next step into Quantity Surveying a further.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Quantity Surveying and over 2 years’ experience working as an Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyor within the construction industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working off pre-construction documents to prepare cost plans and measurements
• Placing orders and negotiating potential orders
• Work with external parties including architects and engineers to ensure project specifications are understood
• Ensure any changes to design and understood and coats are kept up-to-date
• Taking off quantities from drawings
• Procurement for a range of sub-contractors and suppliers
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
• 2+ Years’ Experience
• Experience with a main contractor
• Very Competitive Salary
• Company car/allowance
• 25 days holiday + BH
• Competitive Pension
To have a confidential telephone call and discuss the role in more detail please click apply.