Assistant Quantity Surveyor - West Midlands £35,000 + Package
Our client are a main contractor that turns over 400 million and are currently experiencing substantial growth. They are an established construction business that has built solid relationships with their clients.
Due to a massive pipeline of work and organic growth they currently have an exciting & excellent opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the construction team working on a mixture of schemes including: Commercial & Industrial projects ranging in value up to £70m.
Person: The successful candidate will initially be working under a SQS as an Assistant QS but will be moving into a Project Quantity Surveyor role within the next 9 months. You will be part of the 'Central Region' so all future works will be predominately in Birmingham as my client are focussed on keeping their teams close to home.
- To assist a Senior Quantity Surveyor with commercial administration and management on a number of live
- projects or projects at pre-construction phase.
- General day to day administrative duties.
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration.
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities.
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts.
- To support the Quantity Surveyor in the management the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting.
For further information about this role please contact Jamie Taylor - Kenton Black - Birmingham Office