Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Up to the value of £40,000
Kenton Black is currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client, a respected construction company who operate in East Midlands. Common schemes are Commercial, Industrial, and high rise with average values between £10 million-£30 million.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due
• Providing financial information for reporting purposes and attending CVR meetings.
• Input into the procurement of key trades, working in line with the project procurement strategy.
• Assisting with the preparation of final accounts, contracts, and cash flow forecasts.
• Managing associations in the supply chain through building and maintaining strong relationships.
• Site visits to undertake measures and re-measures.
• Assisting in the management and control of variations.
• Value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
The successful candidate will be providing commercial support to the Quantity Surveyors and overall project team on all financial, contractual and client relationship concerns.
Working on varied projects ranging from £10m-£30m, you will be confident and able to develop within a close-knit team whilst looking to establish yourself and start building your quantity surveyor career.
With ongoing training and development with a structured career path, this well-established group have a clear emphasis on teamwork and quality of service.
Experience and Skills:
• Experience of assisting cost control on construction projects.
• Successful procurement experience.
• Working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
• Experience in re-measurement of key trades packages.
• Proven experience of working on new build or refurbishments projects in a similar role.
• Strong numerical and IT skills, especially MS Excel.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• BSc/HNC in Quantity Surveying (preferred, not essential)
• Chartership to MCIOB or RICS would be supported.
• Salary up to the value of £40,000
• Car allowance or company car, health care, pension, and 25 days holiday.
APPLY NOW! Or for an informal/confidential chat about the position, please apply to Amy Jaques of Kenton Black.