ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
HIGHLY REPUTABLE CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTOR
c£30,000 + PACKAGE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyor looking for a role with an industry leading civil engineering specialist contractor.
• Control of commercial matters on a number of projects including production of cashflow and forecasting
• Procurement, selection and management of subcontractor accounts from award to final account
• Completion of monthly valuations submitting applications as required by the company/Contract requirements
• Valuation of variations, preparation and submission of quotations/compensation events as required
• Monitoring of the contract programme identifying/raising early warnings/potential variations/quotations
• Liaising with the Client/Client’s representative on commercial issues
• Carrying out internal cost value management of projects producing monthly project management reports for review with senior management
• Preferably BSc degree qualified (Quantity Surveying)
• Computer literate – Word, Excel, MS Project, Conquest or similar estimating packages
• Experience in NEC3/JCT/ICE forms of contract.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence people at all levels
• Confident when working autonomously
• Strong time management skills
• Strong leadership style
• Good problem-solving skills and creative flair
Offices in the Midlands– This role will be site based for at least 24 months
Salary & Package:
• £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
• Pension Contribution
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• + More
This is a great opportunity for a driven Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyor looking to take on a challenging role with an excellent specialist civils contractor.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Jack Gilmore on 0330 055 2229.