A top 50 accountancy firm, based in Manchester’s thriving City Center, are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Auditor to joining their 75-strong team.
They pride themselves on understanding the importance of attracting the highest calibre of staff. They have a team of over 12 partners and 140 staff that deliver a first-class service to a diverse range of local, national, and international clients. They are an ambitious and blossoming team, working across their audit and accounts, tax, corporate finance, payroll, bookkeeping, VAT, and admin departments.
To enhance their current team, maintain their strong employee retention status and attract new talent to their growing workforce, they are recruiting an experienced Audit Executive within the Manchester area. Their central objective will be to assist the Managers to ensure that all assignments worked upon coincide with the firm’s emphasis on client service and quality control, whilst being completed in a commercial and efficient manner.
What makes this firm unique?
- Structured road map for progression and training to get you to Assistant manager and above at your desired speed.
- Loyalty bonus of up to £9,000.
- Large and small clients from all sectors.
- Open and collaborative environment.
- £2,000 joining bonus payment upon commencement of your employment if qualified in any UK recognised certificate above AAT and ATT.
- Job tracker for you to know which parts of audits you have and haven’t taken part in, allowing to request a specific task in your next engagement.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- An annual renumeration of starting from £31,500 with £41,500 for those newly qualified along with bonus of up to £9,000.
- Standard hours 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5hrs/week)
- Flexible working policy with hybrid working with 2 days at home and 24 days’ holiday plus standard bank and public holidays.
- Contribution into an auto-enrolled pension and Income protection scheme.
- Payment of one professional subscription per year, provided by first intuition for your chosen qualification including unlimited resits subject to satisfactory work ethic.
- The option to purchase extra days leave via salary sacrifice.
- The option to contribute into a pension scheme via salary sacrifice.
- Commission for introducing new clients/work.
- Commission for introducing new staff.
- Life assurance (4 x salary)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Funded social events.
- Monthly breakfast
As an audit executive, your daily duties will include:
- Taking ownership of the day-to-day conduct of audit fieldwork, the drafting of the financial statements, tax computations and management letters for all assignments allocated, such assignments to be completed in a timely fashion ensuring work in progress is kept to a minimum by frequent review.
- Working away at client’s premises in various locations.
- Fostering and maintaining good working relationships between the audit team and the client staff.
- Assisting in the preparation of audit planning material.
- Ensuring that you are fully briefed on the requirements of the audit, including any special factors, to be fully efficient from the first day of audit fieldwork.
- Ensuring that your assistants are fully briefed on the areas of work allocated to them. This briefing must include the nature of the business, accounting problems, audit work to be carried out, deadlines and confirmation that the assistant understands his task and feels able to complete it.
- Supervising the work of the assistants. This includes answering questions as they arise, formally reviewing all their working papers, ensuring review points are adequately dealt with and providing on the job training in auditing and accounting matters through the medium of the delegated work.
- Monitoring overall progress against the timetable, resolving auditing and accounting and keeping the manager informed of progress and of any significant matters as these arise.
- Keeping the audit staff generally informed of progress and maintaining the "team spirit”.
- Making suggestions for amendments to the audit approach and be prepared to make suggestions for the improvement of client procedures.
- Facilitating the completion of the job by ensuring appropriate procedures are complied with.
- Ensuring appropriate courses are attended and professional reading undertaken to keep technical knowledge up to date.
- Ensuring skills in the use of applicable computer software packages are developed and maintained.
- Assisting in miscellaneous duties when required
As a member of the team, you must be:
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to work as part of a team and offer support and training to less experienced members and manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work.
- Able to clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
- Maintain objectivity, professionalism, and independence in client relationship.
- Appropriately dressed and communicating in an appropriate manner.