A top 50 accountancy firm, based in Manchester’s thriving City Center, are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Auditor to joining their 75-strong team.
They pride themselves on understanding the importance of attracting the highest calibre of staff. They have a team of over 12 partners and 140 staff that deliver a first-class service to a diverse range of local, national, and international clients. They are an ambitious and blossoming team, working across their audit and accounts, tax, corporate finance, payroll, bookkeeping, VAT, and admin departments.
To enhance their current team, maintain their strong employee retention status and attract new talent to their growing workforce, they are recruiting a Qualified or Part Qualified Audit Senior within the Manchester area. Their central objective will be to assist the Managers to ensure that all assignments worked upon coincide with the firm’s emphasis on client service and quality control, whilst being completed in a commercial and efficient manner.
What makes this firm unique?
• Structured road map for progression and training to get you to Assistant manager and above at your desired speed.
• Loyalty bonus of up to £9,000.
• Large and small clients from all sectors.
• Open and collaborative environment.
• £2,000 joining bonus payment upon commencement of your employment if qualified in any UK recognised certificate above AAT and ATT.
• Job tracker for you to know which parts of audits you have and haven’t taken part in, allowing to request a specific task in your next engagement.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
• An annual renumeration between £25,000 and £41,500 with bonus of up to £9,000 when qualified.
• Standard hours 9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (37.5hrs/week)
• Flexible working policy with hybrid working with 2 days at home and 24 days’ holiday plus standard bank and public holidays.
• Contribution into an auto-enrolled pension and Income protection scheme.
• Payment of one professional subscription per year, provided by first intuition for your chosen qualification including unlimited resits subject to satisfactory work ethic.
• The option to purchase extra days leave via salary sacrifice.
• The option to contribute into a pension scheme via salary sacrifice.
• Commission for introducing new clients/work.
• Commission for introducing new staff.
• Life assurance (4 x salary)
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Funded social events.
• Monthly breakfast
As an audit senior, your daily duties will include:
• Assist in the day-to-day conduct of audit/accounts work both in the office and out at clients' premises.
• Ability to work away at client’s premises in various locations.
• Take responsibility for drafting the financial statements and tax computations for all assignments allocated. Assignments are to be completed in a timely fashion ensuring work in progress is kept to a minimum by frequent review.
• Ensure that you are fully briefed on the requirements of the audit/account’s assignment, including any special factors, so as to be fully efficient from the first day of the assignment.
• You will need to be aware of the nature of the business, the accounting problems of the client and the budgeted time and deadlines
• Carry out the audit/account’s procedures allocated to you.
• Monitor overall progress against the timetable and budget.
• Resolve audit/accounts queries to the extent that you feel able to do so.
• Keep the Executive/Manager informed of progress and of any significant matters as these arise.
• Make suggestions for amendments to the assignment approach when you perceive more efficient means to the same end.
• Be prepared to make suggestions to the Manager for the improvement of client procedures.
• Facilitate the completion of the job by ensuring appropriate procedures are complied with.
• Ensure skills in the use of applicable computer software packages are developed and maintained to a standard which ensures the efficiency of each assignment.
• To assist in miscellaneous duties when required, including administrative duties such as photocopying and scanning documents.
• Excellent communicator at all levels
• Ability to work as part of a team and offer support and training to less experienced members of the team.
• Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team
• Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team.
• Maintain objectivity, professionalism, and independence in client relationship.
• Always present yourself in a professional manner to the client, including being appropriately dressed and communicating in an appropriate manner.