Up to £70,000
My client who act as a main contractor are looking to fill a position to work at their H/O in the home counties, working on projects from £5-200m. As the largest employee-owned contractor in the country this offers a lot of genuine opportunities and lucrative packages.
Currently this business turns over circa £700m and is looking to grow this to £850 in the next couple of years, so they are looking for an experienced bid manager to bolster there pre-construction team.
Key Responsibilities as a Bid Manager:
• Ensure pre-proposal and proposal activities across all services are carried out consistently and in line with our strategy.
• Liaise with the business delivery team regarding a strategic approach to tendering, ensuring opportunities are captured across all relevant services for any particular projects.
• Liaise with the commercial team to manage commercial exposure and risk in projects at the tender stage.
• Ensure a comprehensive handover of projects from proposal to contract to the project delivery team .
• You will be committed, proactive and decisive with a proven ability to work in a dynamic environment addressing multiple simultaneous tasks
The successful candidate will have:
• Significant demonstrable experience in a similar role within a civil engineering or consultancy business
• A thorough understanding of the industry, including knowledge of relevant plant and equipment, standard specifications, various conditions of contract forms, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation applicable to the Company Operations is also required
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency with relevant computer applications
Salary and Package:
• Up to £70,000 plus package
• Generous bonus scheme
• 25 days annual leave
• Company car / car allowance
• Generous pension contributions
• Flexible / home working
For more information please apply to this role or call Ben at Kenton Black Birmingham!