£21.39 per hour - around £41,000 PA
Full time, 18 month contract
To support with Bioinformatic projects for high throughput genomic sequencing using automated pipelines.
In terms of skills, we are looking for Junior Bioinformaticians who have experience in the field of Genomics, data processing and high throughput data analysis as well as experience scripting with Python/Bash/R/Pearl.
You must be diligent, have the capability to plan your own workload and keep accurate scientific along with the ability to work as part of a team and also independently once appropriate guidance has been provided.
• To use bioinformatic or statistical methods to deliver genome sequence data from a number of different high-throughput sequencing workflows and have the knowledge and experience to develop and implement software tools
• To design, optimise and troubleshoot bioinformatic analyses.
• To keep accurate scientific records using online systems, e.g. Confluence.
• To liaise with and discuss analysis design and progress with the head of informatics, other members of the CGR team and collaborating groups.
• To work with collaborators to deliver insights effectively.
• To contribute to dissemination of results through peer-reviewed publications, reports, conferences, and meetings with stakeholders as appropriate.
• To perform other duties when requested by the Senior Bioinformation.
• To report on progress and workload commitments to the Senior Bioinformation, and the wider CGR Management team
Key Stakeholder Relationships:
• Support teams including Logistics, Quality and LIMs
• Lab staff including Principal Scientists, Associate Principal Scientists and Shift Managers
• Senior Bioinformatician
• Deputy ePCR Directors
Skill and Capability Requirements:
• A BSc in biological science, computer science or statistics
• Experience of research in an academic or commercial environment
• Experience of working in a collaborative environment
• Experience in analysis design and method development
• Good analytical skills with complex data sets
• Excellent scripting skills in R, Python or similar
• General competency in IT including statistical packages and reference handling software
• Good report writing and presentation of results
• Track record of publication in academic journals
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• High level of professionalism and collegiality
• Highly organised
• Experience of working with next-generation sequencing data
• Experience in next-gen sequencing technologies
• Knowledge of sequence data handling
• Knowledge of Software pipeline generation
• Skills in graphical user interface building
• Good interpersonal skills