My client is a leading non-profit organisation, serving the healthcare and biotech industries. They are looking for a Manchester based Bioinformatician to joing their growing team developing algorithms for data processing, quality control, and research based on their large database of genomic data.
The successful candidate will have:
• PhD in bioinformatics or related field, or equivalent experience
• Significant experience in analysis of large-scale sequencing data, including complex multistage pipeline development, reporting, and troubleshooting
• Proficiency in programming, e.g. Python/C++/R, and familiarity with containerisation (e.g. Docker), command line applications, and programming standards such as version control
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to prepare and maintain detailed documentation.
• Ability to prioritise workload and to work under pressure.
• Highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, able to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Proficiency in using relational databases and writing SQL queries.