Job title: Biological Characterisation Scientist
Location: South Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, D.O.E
One of our global analytical services clients are looking for experienced scientists with a strong background in Biological Characterisation to their South Cambridgeshire team. As a Biological Characterisation Scientist, you will utilize your expertise in techniques such as c-IEF, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, mRNA analysis techniques, ELISA/Plate based residual impurity analysis, HPLC, LC-MS/MS, among others, primarily for the analysis of Biopharmaceutical products. The ideal candidate will have a flexible approach and be supportive of evolving business needs.
• Support and act as a lead scientist across multiple projects involving routine analysis, method development, method validations, and troubleshooting, varying in scale, scope, and timelines.
• Plan and perform analytical work, generate and interpret data, and write reports as required.
• Collaborate and liaise proactively and reactively with internal and external stakeholders to provide or obtain information, ensuring effective completion of work.
• Build relationships and contacts to facilitate the future exchange of information.
• BSc/MSc/PhD in Biochemistry/Chemistry or a related scientific discipline is essential.
• In-depth knowledge of Biological Characterisation, with extensive experience using Biophysical and Chromatography techniques for the analysis of biopharmaceuticals.
• Comprehensive experience of working in a GxP regulatory laboratory with a strong understanding of GMP principles.
• Strong method development and validation experience.
• Experience working with large molecules and proteins.
• Experience in Oligonucleotide & mRNA analysis would be highly advantageous.
• Demonstrated experience in training, supervising, and coordinating the work of junior scientists.
• Proficient in practical laboratory techniques and problem-solving.
• Competitive salary (disclosed upon conversation with me).
• Career progression and development opportunities at global organisation.
• 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme after 6 months (once the probation period is successful)
• Free gym pass (on site)
• Flexi time – each month you can be +/- 10 hours, so if you are over you hours you could leave early.
• Bonus (depending on site and company performance)
• Social events through the year
• Electric car scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
Keywords: Biological Characterisation, c-IEF, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, mRNA analysis techniques, ELISA/Plate-based residual impurity analysis, HPLC, LC-MS/MS, Biopharmaceutical products, Routine analysis, Method development, Method validation, Troubleshooting, Analytical work, Data interpretation, Report writing, GxP regulatory laboratory, GMP principles, , Large molecules, Proteins, Oligonucleotide analysis, mRNA analysis, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Research and development.