Kenton Black is proud to represent a boutique accountancy firm advising entrepreneurs and businesses who are now looking for a Full or Part Time Bookkeeper to join their ranks.
With a heritage dating back over 130 years, they are proud to be more than just an accountancy firm. They offer expert advice to businesses across the Northwest and beyond, with wide-ranging experience that matches their ambitions.
Their investment in staff training and development is second to none, and they’re proud of their skilled accountants and award-winning training programme. Equally importantly, they are committed to acting responsibly and respectfully towards their people, the community, and the environment.
YOUR BENEFITS AND SALARY
Along with a salary of up to £24,000, you’ll also enjoy:
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Up to 5 extra holidays for those committed colleagues.
- Group company pension scheme.
- Medicash health plan.
- Hybrid working, 2 days working from home.
YOUR ROLE INCLUDES
- Preparing VAT returns.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Maintaining Sales/Purchase ledger.
- Taking accounts up to trial balance.
- Communicating effectively with HMRC.
- Responding professionally and promptly to client queries.
- Travel to clients’ premises.
- Undertaking bookkeeping tasks at clients’ premises.
- Ideally AAT qualified.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a bookkeeping role.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50.
- Good knowledge of VAT and the ability to apply VAT rules and regulations.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous.
- Hold a clean UK driving licence and access to a car.
- Be able to work well within a team.
- Committed to your own professional development and a willingness to adapt as the department grows.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with clients.
- Work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level accounting trainees to Director and Partner level. Operating from local offices in, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.