Business Development Manager – Green Chemistry (AH053)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
£30K - £45K (Dependent upon experience) + Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Flexible Working + Share Options
Our client is an exciting start-up business who have developed a ground-breaking new separation technology in the production of an innovative biological alternative to a specific speciality chemical. As a result, they are now looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of the business forward; with no limits on where your career could go to with this company!
This company are leading the way in pioneering this exciting green technology research, with this role enabling you to join at a pivotal time in the business as they begin the manufacture of this innovative product.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be based at their site near Warrington and be responsible for:
• Targeting companies in a wide range of industries including personal care, household and I&I
• Building and maintaining solid relationships with individuals in these companies
• Displaying excellent technical knowledge to competently explain the features and benefits of this product
• Networking to identify potential customers in other industries (oil & gas and agriculture for example)
• Arranging for trial batches to be sent to potential new customers, and following up on feedback
• Working with customers on their formulation and development timelines
• Driving increase of the volume of letters of intent received from customers
• Updating order spreadsheets and feeding back to senior management.
To be considered for this role, candidates will be degree-level qualified in a Scientific subject (either Biology or Chemistry focused will be considered) and have a strong technical understanding of a variety of chemicals and their related properties.
You will also possess experience selling chemicals to manufacturers or distributors and will be confident in engaging with customers at a multitude of levels.
You must be an excellent communicator with the ability to manage your own time and be confident building relationships with people at all levels.
Keywords: Business Development, BD, BDM, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Technical Sales Executive, Relationship Building, Technical Sales, Scientific Sales, Technical Account Management, Sustainability, Key Account Management, Chemicals, Personal Care, Household, I&I, Oil & Gas, Agriculture.