Company details and job overview:
With a global presence, acquisitional mind-set and leader in the field, this success story has opened the eyes of many across the globe and they continue to press for dominance. Head office is based in East Lancashire in a state of the art custom build facility which sits within easy commute from the M65 and local routes. A group of successful businesses they boast a raft of awards and accolades, and continue to thrive in a vibrant sector.
Competitive salary + Comprehensive benefits package
Your new role as Business Transformation Accountant:
The Finance Department is expanding and as part of a Business Improvement Team, this role shall play a critical part in helping the Group to bring both standardisation and better, more efficient ways of working across Finance and the wider company.
Reporting into a Head of Business and Process Improvements, the successful candidate will work alongside the existing finance function in management accounts and the shared services transactional team to understand how historic data and current processes and controls could be improved and then execute the change on behalf of the finance team, handing the solution back to them.
You shall be a supportive partner to, helping finance to navigate the transition and journey to a better way of working. Once implemented, new processes and controls will need to be monitored to ensure they are followed in the future.
The role and how this will look for you:
• Build relationships with members of the BAU team to gain their trust and be a credible partner in helping them improve ways of working
• Take an area of known difficulty within either management accounting or transactional shared services and investigate it thoroughly to understand where problems in data, processes and controls exist
• Working hand-in-hand with the finance teams, design solutions to correct any historic data issues, introduce or improve finance processes and add or upgrade controls around those processes
• To be able to concisely report back findings in a way that is clear and factual, setting out options with rationale for recommended solutions
• Prioritise issues discovered, gaining buy-in from senior stakeholders in Finance and beyond as required
• Take a hands-on approach to fixing both historic data issues as well as any underlying process and control issues to ensure the problem does not reoccur
• Drive standardisation to ensure that as far as possible all changes are implemented globally in a standardised way
• If required, coach and build the capability within the Finance teams so that they can perform the new processes and controls themselves and impart a set of skills to allow people to investigate and remedy problems for themselves
• Monitor changes to any fixed data, processes and controls to ensure that problems do not reoccur
• To have a focus on operational impacts at all times and ensure that changes made add value to the business
• Where appropriate, work on future acquisitions made by Group and support in ensuring they adopt standard processes as defined by Finance
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
A qualified accountant you shall have a proven track record of change management within an large organisation. With strong management accounting and/or shared services experience as a hands-on accountant, you shall have a track record of independently improving poor data, processes and controls. With experience of operating in a relatively large, complex business you shall be IT literate across the use of Excel and erp systems. SAP would be an advantage but not essential.
Salary and reward on offer:
With a rewarding package on offer, and the ability to progress in your role, this position will be supported by continuous development in a thriving business in growth. An award winning business who pride themselves on providing a quality of service, you shall be surrounded by likeminded individuals who all strive to push the boundaries in an exciting and rewarding environment.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.