Do you have a background in Construction Health & safety or Site Management, looking to cement that experience and build a long career?
A specialist, reputable Engineering and M&E contractor is looking for you to add value to their Health & Safety department covering a range of exciting and challenging projects, as their new CDM Safety Manager. As specialists with a strong order book, they can certainly provide you with the stability and platform to do so. They have a range of blue-chip clients across the FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Brewing and Life Sciences sectors nationwide. Due to this you will be expected to be project-based or travel to relevant projects across the country.
Reporting in the Health & Safety Manager you will be expected to:
• Plan, manage and monitor the construction phase, in liaison with contractor/s and client personnel
• Prepare, develop and implement a written plan and site rules (Construction Phase H&S Plan)
• Manage CDM requirements for the role
• Manage sub-contractors and their output on-site
• Make sure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase.
• Check competence of all workers when undertaking work at site and collect evidence.
• Ensure all plant and equipment used on site has been checked according to the particular frequency demanded, and that evidence of the inspection is available upon request.
• Construct site induction packs and ensure all workers have site inductions and any further information and training needed for the work
• Consult with the workers on site, and lead H&S toolbox talks, daily briefings and daily H&S meetings
• Review Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RA/MS) and issue Permit to Work documents as required
• COSSH Assessments
• Undertake regular site safety tours
In addition, you must be:
• NEBOSH General or Construction certificate/NCRQ-qualified
• SMSTS (ESSENTIAL)
• Experienced in CDM certifiable projects across construction schemes
• Highly IT literate across Microsoft Office
• Able to write reports as required
• An excellent communicator and relationship-builder
• Willing to travel nationally as required by project needs
This represents an excellent opportunity for you to move forwards with your Health & Safety career and establish yourself as an experienced professional working for a contractor at the top of their game. With a competitive salary of between £35-38,000 (based on qualifications) plus a full package including car allowance, subsistence and annual bonus, this is an extremely attractive position offering great development.