Job Title : Site Manager
Job Location : Brixworth, Northamptonshire
12 month role LTD or Soletrader CIS
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Site Manager role is an exciting opportunity to deliver a wide range of Local Authority civil engineering schemes for West Northamptonshire Council. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in delivering maintenance, improvement, and major project schemes to program and within budget.
The works will include footpath reconstruction, carriageway resurfacing, surface treatments, drainage improvements, traffic signals and structures repairs.
The position requires experience in working on a live public highway whilst promoting human focused approach to safety and ensuring compliance with all relevant Kier processes and procedures.
• Ensure the Health and Safety of yourself, the workforce and the public in accordance with Kier SHE processes and procedures.
• Manage construction sites to programme and budget.
• Site communication - Engaging with WNC, the public, elected councillors and parish councils
• Ensure your sites are compliant with Chapter 8 and the Construction (Design and Management) regulations.
• Interpret documents, scheme drawings and B.O.Q’s in line with NEC4 contract requirements
• Inspect Quality of work in accordance the Inspection Test Plan, scheme designs in line with the current specification.
• Compliance with the NEC4 change control procedures for early warnings and compensation events
• HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• CSCS Card
• NRSWA Supervisor
• 12D Traffic Management knowledge
• NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate Ideal but not essential
• Driving license
Management System Elements – Responsibility, Accountability and Authority
• Defined within the Integrated Management System (IMS),
• Experience managing both direct employees and civil engineering contractors.
• IT literate – MS office and order management databases
• Excellent leadership qualities
• Excellent communication skills both with the public, client and Kier employees
• ‘People skills’ experience in people management and motivation of staff
• Proven ability to instruct and direct staff
• A good organiser, both of self and others
• Material specifications
• Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual.
• Understanding and implementation the Construction (Design Management) CDM regulations
• Enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work. Including night and weekend working
• To be diplomatic, patient and understanding with members of the public
• Able to undertake their work activities in a safe manner and to not compromise the health and safety of themselves, their colleagues, subcontractors, the client and members of the public.
Reporting to: Construction Team Lead
Please note that Kier reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date