Laboratory manager- Clinical Genetics
This is a permanent opportunity paying negotiable salary plus benefits
Kenton Black Scientific is a recruitment partner to clinical diagnostics testing laboratory based in Guildford . They are looking to hire operations manager to join their NIPT testing (Non-invasive prenatal testing) department.
• You will be reporting in to the head of clinical genetics team and would responsible for providing excellent services within non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT)
Responsible for effective management of operational activities within the laboratory such as supervising staff, managing KPIs and managing UKAS quality requirements within the laboratory
• Responsible for planning , prioritising and assign tasks and projects
• Manage, mentor, coach and train a new team of analysts to provide them with the skillset and competencies to meet challenging customer expectations
• Ensure all work carried out according to laboratory quality standards
• Ensure that adequate amount of staff is present at all times in the laboratory
• Provide training for all department staff
• Degree in Science or higher
• Valid HCPC qualification as a biomedical scientist
• Extensive experience in working within a clinical laboratory environment.
• Experience in team management
• Experience in using NGS (next generation sequencing) skills in NIPT(Non-invasive prenatal) testing
• Excellent experience in working within high- throughput environment
• Understanding of ISO, UKAS, audit procedures and methods.
• Proven project management skills and experience, lean production principles
If your skills match the above and you are interested in this position, then please apply now!