Kenton Black are excited to present an great new position within a Top 20 UK Accountancy Firm.
This position can be based in any of their UK offices with flexibility on working from home as part of their ‘Agile Working Policy’.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• 35 hour working week.
• Flexible working around the core hours of 10am-4pm.
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
• Working from home allowance.
• Profit-Sharing scheme (Average of £1,000).
• 20 days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
• Buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year.
• Life assurance cover of four times salary.
• Private Medical.
• Enhanced Pension.
Flexible benefits include:
• Health cash plans.
• Health screening/GP support.
• Critical illness cover.
• Dental and travel insurance.
• Workplace ISA.
As a Cloud Accountant for a Top 20 UK Firm you will play a key role within a newly created Cloud Accounting team in assisting the Senior Accounts Manager to implement the firm’s strategy.
You will be responsible for working with clients who wish to modernise their accounting systems, by upgrading them to a cloud accounting system, or enhancing their current arrangement.
You will also be involved in the firm’s ‘Making Tax Digital’ project by working with clients affected by the imminent changes to reporting under MTD ITSA whilst also onboarding those clients onto Xero to bring their records into a digital format.
As the new Cloud Accountant, your role will include:
• Onboarding clients onto cloud accounting systems like Xero, ensuring that data has transitioned accurately.
• Providing clients with advice of how to make the most of their new cloud arrangement.
• Working with and providing training to clients on cloud products.
• Training internal teams regarding cloud products with an emphasis on how these can help.
• Conducting research into new cloud products and testing these with a view to adding to the firm’s app stack.
With regards to the MTD ITSA project you will be…
• Working with team members to identify the clients affected reporting changes.
• Contacting affected clients and assisting them with the onboarding process, such as setting up Xero bank feeds.
• Providing training to clients where they wish to maintain their own Xero records.
• Identifying opportunities for the firm to assist clients who do not wish to maintain their own Xero records.
• Tracking progress of the clients on their digital journey and providing ad hoc training and advice.
YOUR NEW TEAM
You will be part of a small team within a large and continually growing Top 20 firm where you will have the direct support of a Senior Manager and Director.
You will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with good knowledge of Excel and Xero.
You will also have a good understanding of other accounting systems such as Hubdoc and Dext.
You will be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise your own workload.
You can display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients.
You’ll be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level accounting trainees to Director and Partner level. Operating from local offices in, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.