Company Details and Job Overview:
A Carlisle based manufacturing business has partnered with Kenton Black Finance in their search for a Commercial Accountant. Established for 35+ years, the business is firmly rooted in the market and regarded as a supplier of choice for a diverse customer base spanning the UK.
This opportunity is well suited to an ambitious CIMA/ACCA studier or finalist seeking a business facing role away from purely month end routine and reporting. This is a highly progressive role and as such would be an ideal fit for a career driven individual looking for a progressive path to FC level.
Key Benefits/ Rewards on Offer:
A generous benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate which includes:
• A competitive starting salary
• Genuine career prospects - succession plans are in place for advancement opportunities
• Full study package
• 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Company pension matched up to 5%
• Flexibility around working hours (37.5 hours full time) and hybrid working after probation period
• Death in service, 3 x salary
• Employee assistance programme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Long service awards
• Social events/team activities
Your New Role as Commercial Accountant:
This Commercial Accountant role has been designed to provide commercial and financial support to the business. Working closely with the Financial Controller, you will deliver accurate management accounts and challenge in key areas to deliver results and aid effective decision making.
Specific responsibilities are outlined below:
• Working cross-functionally, liaising with various key stakeholders including senior management
• Provision of weekly reports relating to sales/margin/EBIT highlighting any variances
• Supporting with the preparation of statutory requirements, liaising with external bodies as required
• Supporting with budgeting and forecasting activities
• Assisting with treasury management
• Stock management including stock/GIT reconciliations, investigating and reporting on any discrepancies
• Identifying and driving potential process and system improvements
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
The successful candidate will be fully qualified or actively studying CIMA/ACCA. Demonstrating a good level of commercial acumen, you will be a strong communicator with confidence to deliver financial insight to a variety of stakeholders. Systems orientated, you will be a competent Excel user (pivot tables, VLookups) and knowledge of Sage 200 or Hyperion is advantageous.
Working in a fast-paced environment alongside a team of friendly and high calibre finance staff, this is a high profile role which gives lots of opportunity to add value to the finance function and wider business. Opportunities for career progression will be available and you will receive sufficient levels of support from the FD and FC.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Holland at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. As market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.