Earthworks / Civil Engineering
I am currently working with a reputable regional contractor, who are looking for a Commercial Assistant.
My client is a leading earthworks contractor with an excellent reputation. They specialise in bulk earthworks, soil stabilisation, demolition and ground remediation. They are currently going through a sustained period of growth with them on track for their busiest year to date. Their projects are located throughout the East Midlands and East Anglia.
They turnover circa £60m a year, with a busy orderbook for the next 24 months. Typical projects range in value from £20k to £30m.
They currently have an opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join their team, to work on various schemes throughout their region. This role has emphasis on being commercially aware and been sound at programming.
• Assisting management with commercial reporting
• Providing internal procurement support to Quantity Surveyors (QSs), working closely with Finance Team to resolve queries
• Providing administrative support to the Commercial Team
• Supporting Commercial Team in busy periods by raising and tracking Applications for Payment (AFPs)
• Logging and reporting Applied and Certified figures
• Reporting to Directors on final account and/or outstanding account details
• Ensuring Subcontractor AFPs are tracked, and issues reported to management
• Administering the subcontract process ensuring documents are signed, returned and filed
• Highlighting and reporting on contractual dates to meet contractual obligations and department KPI’s
• Compiling and analysing internal software reports
• Helping to plan and implementing new processes to align with software improvements
• Compiling data to ensure intercompany charges are correct and accurate
• Providing support and assistance to Commercial Process Manager and/or Directors on project and ad hoc tasks
• £20,000 upwards per annum (Negotiable on Candidate Experience)
• Pension Contribution
• + More
This is an opportunity to work for a regional contractor with an excellent reputation who pride themselves on how they look after their employees.
Apply Now! Or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Ben Symonds at Kenton Black Birmingham