Company Details & Job Overview:
Based on the outskirts of Merseyside, this global business have a newly established role in finance which shall support the commercial decision making process across the UK and overseas entities. A group with various revenue streams, they operate successfully across a variety of sectors, providing a range of services to clients across the globe. A group known locally as an employer of choice, they are able to offer a competitive salary, enhanced package and the opportunity to grow and develop.
25 days holiday +BH
Flexible working hours plus hybrid working
Private Medical insurance
Your New Role As Commercial Finance Analyst:
As Commercial finance analyst, reporting to the lead in this division you shall support the business and stakeholders in the decision making process across various entities and territories. A varied role, where no day will be the same you shall take the lead over the commercial business planning and financial analysis. Building, maintaining and developing the reporting available, you shall be responsible for adding value to the decision making process, whilst partnering with various departments and non-financial personnel. Helping the business to make informed decisions, you financial analysis and business planning will add value for both new ventures, ongoing business as usual and also for review over current business ventures. You will work within the Business Planning & Analysis department, a part of the Group Commercial function, to help the business in its efforts to maintain profitable business growth. As Commercial Finance Analyst you will take responsibility for sales reporting & analysis, facilitate annual planning, facilitate annual fee setting, and support new business appraisal, country expansions and tender bids.
Main role duties:
You will engage and work collaboratively with the commercial and operational teams globally across the organisation in the following:
Commercial Decision Support
Supporting investment decisions for specific client tender bids and expansion projects (new
markets, new countries, new services, new initiatives and acquisitions/collaborations/partnerships) to point of approval by the Executive Management Team and/or Board of Directors.
• Preparation of business cases from start to finish and evaluation of business cases prepared by others in the organisation. Including the development of short-term and long-range plans for a project, identification of the resources needed to implement projects, and a full understanding of how such plans will drive financial results and value for the company.
• You will play a key part in the building of the financial model.
Sales Analysis & Reporting
• Preparing, analysing and reporting sales information of all types that informs, influences and supports key decision making and strategic planning
• Partner with decision makers to provide the story behind the numbers and communicate results to various stakeholders upwards to the executive level
• Support the continuous development and enhancement of sales reporting and analysis
• You will facilitate the compilation of corporate, divisional and regional business unit level plans. Ensuring suitable and periodic monitoring, analysis, and reporting against such plans are in place.
• Build close relationships with relevant stakeholders. This allows you to understand and contribute to strategy, building financial models to enhance the reporting potentials
General Commercial Support
• Annual pricing initiatives
• Ad hoc project work and analysis as directed
• Flexibility and willingness to support other colleagues with cover and ad-hoc tasks
• Support with all business planning & analysis initiatives as necessary
Experience & Qualifications Required To Apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have a proven track record in a similar role and be qualified either by qualification (ACA CIMA ACCA) or QBE with a strong background in all areas. Highly motivated, financially astute and able to deliver effective reporting, you shall have a proven track record of partnering with non-financial stakeholders, with the ability to influence and provide a value add service. A hands-on practitioner, with strong modelling and reporting skills, you shall be able to work well as part of a team, as well as taking your own initiative to drive performance.
Salary And Reward On Offer:
With a rewarding package on offer, hybrid working and the opportunity to develop, you will have the ability to add value and gain exposure across the organisation in a rewarding, varied role.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman, Kenton Black Finance
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.