Company Details & Job Overview:
Based in Walsall, this PLC are a leading supplier of safety and construction items who operate from a head office location in the Midlands, with further sites across the UK and Scotland. Providing a first-class service to many of the mainstream construction businesses, they offer a large range of products and services and continue to thrive in business. With a strong package on offer, and a role with a truly commercial focus, this is an opportunity where the successful Candidate can thrive in a fast paced, vibrant business.
Salary and Enhanced Benefits include:
• Highly competitive salary based on proven skills and experience
• Private Healthcare
• Company pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Flexible working
• Company car allowance
Your New Role As Finance Business Partner:
The Commercial Finance Business Partner will bring with them a wealth of knowledge, adding value to the business from day one and continuing to do so on an ongoing basis. You will focus on current and historical performance, as well as looking forward; using relevant financial analysis to facilitate change by working closely with, or providing a service to, all each of the business units. As Finance Business Partner you shall be responsible for overseeing the production of monthly management accounts, annual budgets and reconciliations and the maintenance of finance controls and procedures consistent with those of all the companies.
• Prepare monthly management accounts including analysis and explanation of variances to budget/forecast
• Cash flow forecasting
• VAT and statutory returns
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Create and analyse ad-hoc financial reports.
• Oversee the management of accruals and prepayments.
• Prepare budgets, working with the Management Team and Director.
• Prepare capex proposals and secure, where applicable, associated asset finance
• Maintain the fixed asset register
• Business modelling to support strategic and day-to day decision making •
Responsible for achieving financial targets and commercial goals.
• Identify and mitigate financial and commercial risks
• Provide analysis and explanation of variances to budget.
• Manage and oversee a small Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable team
• Support Group Finance team with year-end audit including provision of lead schedules and analysis as required. Efficiently and accurately respond to queries from audit and tax teams and support Group FC in drafting of statutory accounts.
• Oversee the monthly business reviews, working with the Senior Management Team to support the development and growth of each business stream.
• Challenge the senior business team managers to ensure performance is reported accurately.
• Discuss and resolve queries highlighted, unusual cost trends and forecasts.
• Oversee the costing for the business and review with stakeholders.
• Carry out assessments of market data, providing analysis to identify areas where efforts can be focused to increase profitability.
• Evaluate and develop pricing proposals
• Analyse past and current sales data on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis and find areas of improvement
• Produce data on customer trends and demographics to help with marketing and sales including, modelling current customer trends in acquisition and attrition.
• Provide effective commercial procedures, or initiate change, to ensure key operational, commercial, and financial targets are delivered.
System, Process & Quality
• Develop commercial process to create efficiencies and drive continuous improvement with the Management Team in analysis of monthly information.
• Focus on systems improvement and keep pushing to add to existing systems.
• Adopt and improve current business working processes
Experience & Qualifications Required to Apply:
To be considered for this role you shall have a proven track record in a Finance Business Partner role. With a strong academic record you shall also be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or QBE with advances skills on Microsoft Excel. A strong communicator, and able to influence the decision making process, you will also be skilled in presenting financial data to non-financial stakeholders.
Salary & Reward On Offer:
With a raft of benefits, Car Allowance and the opportunity to add value, your new role will also provide the scope to deliver change. With exposure to key decision makers, your role will be varied and interesting, challenging process and impacting the wider business through engagement and liaison with key figures in the organisation.
This role is being handled by Darren Cadman at Kenton Black Finance.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.