Company details and job overview:
Based within easy commute from the M62, on the outskirts of Warrington, this construction client have been established for many years. Family owned, and in a period of growth, they have an opportunity for a Company Accountant to join the team. Working closely with the external accountancy practice, this role will act as the main point of contact for the business as a lead in finance, providing the monthly accounting requirements whilst supported by an assistant accountant. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is an autonomous role which in the longer terms will also benefit from a hybrid working pattern.
Candidates looking for 4 days part time may also be considered. There is also an early Friday close for all employees.
Your new role as Company Accountant:
As the lead in finance and Management Accountant you shall take the responsibility for the day to day operation of the finance function. Working closely with the senior stakeholders in this SME business, you shall supervise the accounts assistant whilst holding responsibility for the monthly management accounting. This role will also be considered as a part time position over 4 days.
Main role duties:
• Production of monthly management accounting and supporting financial analysis/reporting
• Responsible for establishing and executing internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures.
• Preparing financial statements as well as monthly and quarterly accounts using Sage Line 50
• Reporting to Company Secretary and Managing director Monthly reconciliations of Sage Line 50 accounting software including tracking job retentions and applications and reconciling inter-company balances
• Responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented, including inter-company transactions
• Responsible for the ledger management whilst training and supervising the accounts assistant
• Oversee cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation functions
• Cash-flow reporting and management of funds where necessary
• Monthly CIS submissions Preparing VAT returns Job costing
• Liaising with External Accountants P11 D
• Responsible for coordinating with external tax accountants for income tax preparation. This includes keeping company records organised and readily available for examination.
• Monthly payroll preparation to enable the payroll to be run in a timely manner
• Liaise with the accountants in a timely manner to ensure a quick turnaround of year end accounts
A truly diverse role, this will suit a hands-on Management Accountant who is able to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
Experience & Qualifications Required to apply:
To be considered you shall have a solid grounding with a clear understanding of double entry bookkeeping. Qualified either by qualifications or by experience in a similar role you shall maintain a proven track record of managing a multitude of tasks in a fast paced environment. A forward thinker and able to identify anomalies through your finance knowledge, you shall have a keen eye for the detail and be able to work at pace. With good excel skills you shall also be a progressive individual who is keen to learn and hoping to add value in a workplace where staff enjoy their job and work together in a truly team based environment. You shall also have worked with Sage accounting.
Salary and reward on offer:
This is a unique opportunity in an established and growing business. With the opportunity to work autonomously, in a friendly and welcoming business, this is a great opportunity and one which will suit a hands-on accounts professional. With support from external accounting expertise, this is an attractive role within an environment where you really can thrive. This role has the potential for home working 1 day a week, and also an early Friday finish.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a market leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level finance to directorship professionals. Operating from local offices in Preston, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.